|Graphic by Ellen Vaman|
It's the 12th day of the 12th month of the year we abbreviate as 12. All people who study the mystical or magical in some way say it's a particularly fortuitous time with many adding it's also a great time to make wishes.
It's been a long time since I've participated in Jamie Ridler's Wishcasting Wednesday, but I think today I'm going with the masses that today is an especially great day to make a wish or two or twelve.
"My dear friend Meghan Genge pointed out that today is the 12 day of the 12 month of 2012 – surely an auspicious time to make 12 wishes. What will your 12 wishes be?"
Sometimes making wishes can seem easy, but trying to think of 12 can be daunting. Do I make selfish, material type wishes? Do I wish for something greater beyond myself like world peace? Maybe a mixture of all of the above? Here's what I've come up with:-
- I wish to be happy.
- I wish to be grateful for all I have and will have in my life, even those people or things that are hurtful or challenging for there are lessons and growth to be had through them.
- I wish to be content and at peace with myself and where I'm at in each present moment.
- I wish the above three wishes for my husband, my daughters and all my family and friends; really for everyone in the world.
- I wish to further explore my creativity through music, art and writing and to share those explorations with the world.
- I wish for those people who are living with out water and/or clean water to be blessed with abundant clean water.
- I wish for poverty, perpetual hunger and abuse to be banished from the world forever, that all may have abundance and plenty, love and acceptance and security.
- I wish to take action when I can on things that matter most to me, whether it is taking action on my own idea or project or contributing to something I believe on a social or political level.
- I wish to love and be loved to include loving myself better and more.
- I wish to shine the light of the Goddess in the world that all may know Her love and beauty.
- I wish to spend less time thinking and more time doing.
- I really do wish for world peace. Maybe one day it will happen.
What do you wish for?